We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This Website contains links to other websites. Please be aware that Tune Factory is not responsible for the privacy practices of any websites which may be linked from the Tune Factory’s website, so please check these separately.
This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Website.
Tune Factory is the sole owner of the information collected on this Website. We will not sell, or rent this information to any other company and will only share your information with 3rd parties essential to placing an order and providing after care, such as banking systems (PayPal) and delivery firms (DPD/FedEx). Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and we promise never to release your personal details to any outside company for mailing or marketing purposes without your express permission.
What information we collect:
- Information that you provide to us when setting up or amending an account with us. For example, your name, addresses, email address, contact telephone numbers, password, and redacted card details which can be used when you subsequently place an order through our payment merchants (we do not store any full card numbers).
- Information that you provide to us when placing an order online or by filling in an online registration form. For example, your name, email address, payment address and redacted card details which are essential for processing an order.
- Information which you voluntarily disclose to us by email or other means.
- Information collected from surveys/contests
- Information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Information about your internet usage obtained using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
- What we do with the information:
- Create and maintain your account with us.
- For internal accounting and regulatory purposes.
- For statistical analysis to assess our business performance and to improve our products and services.
Correcting and updating Personal Information:
To change your personally identifiable information, such as your telephone number or address, login to “MY ACCOUNT” and amend your details, alternatively you can contact us and we will amend these details for you. If you no longer desire our service, contact us and we will remove the personal data you have provided to us.
Cookies are tiny files that help track the use of the site and to personalise your journey. These cookies can be stored so that if you return to a website, that website server can call the information from the cookies stored on your computer to tailor your experience of the site.
Our cookies don't store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the 'key' that, once you're signed in, is associated with this information.
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies.
If you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from Tune Factory, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this.
For more info on cookies (including advice on removing them) see www.allaboutcookies.org
We utilise both:
First party cookies: These are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site and ensure your session is maintained throughout our website.
Third party cookies: These are cookies found in other companies' internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
We use a number of suppliers who may also set cookies on their websites' on its behalf. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
We’ve listed each of them below with more details about why we use them and how long they will last.